Monday, May 17, 2010

DAY 44 MON 5/17/10 55 MILES


Joe drying off in the car :)

Today we woke to it raining, I love the rain but felt bad for Joe. It rained ALL day never stopping. I met him at 20 miles and he was soaking wet. His rain suit, and bag covers for his bike all failed, everything was soaked. He dried himself off and defrosted with the heat of the car, he put on a different sweat shirt and went on his way. I went ahead and found a Walmart where I picked him up some big yellow dish washing gloves to put over his gloves and I got the rain proof spray so at least at the end of the day we could dry things out and spray everything to see if it will help. When I met him again he was drenched so we dried him out the best we could then he put his feet in fresh grocery bags and put on his yellow gloves. I met him 10 miles up because it was getting late and we didn't know if the small amount of weather proofing we would work. When I met him he was soooo much happier, he said that as long as his feet and hands were dry he didn't care if his body was wet. When we went to the trailer to get something out we saw our bed and it was sopping wet. So we had to get a hotel to dry everything out including Joe. Were going to hold our breaths to get to Connecticut dry :)

2 comments:

  1. Geez...with all the rain and the traffic I can't believe you guys haven't perished yet...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing adventure! You guys rock! Joe, your determination and tenacity are truly inspiring. Karen, you're an incredible woman. Thank you for letting us come along on this epic ride. Please post more, I can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete