Monday, April 26, 2010

DAY 23 MON 4/26/10 68 MILES

This Restaurant was also in the movie Vacation when Clark Griswold was trying to get to Wally World with his family and he stops in to see if he can eat the famous meal... I think he did it but then threw up but not sure its been a long time since I've seen that crazy movie!

THIS IS AN AWESOME LITTLE HOTEL WE FOUND OFF I40.THE OWNERS ARE LETTING US STAY IN THEIR LOT FOR FREE AND WE FOUND SOME ELECTRICITY THAT WE ARE GONNA BORROW FOR THE NIGHT AS WELL WHICH IS WHY WE ARE UPDATING THE BLOG SO PROMPTLY.
THIS IS US AT THE END OF THE DAY OFF THE LAST EXIT OF THE DAY

SO WE WENT TO THE PLACE THAT MK[A FRIEND OF THE MANDEVILLE SIDE OF THE FAMILY]TOLD US ABOUT.ITS CALLED THE BIG TEXAN AND ITS RIGHT OFF OF THE I40 IN AMERILLO,TX.IF YOU CAN EAT THEIR 72OZ OR[4 1/2 LBS] STEAK INCLUDING THE WHOLE MEAL WITH SIDES AND ALL WITHIN 1 HOUR IT IS FREE OF CHARGE.THE MEAL IS CURRENTLY $72.MK NOT ONLY ATE THE WHOLE MEAL BUT HE HAD 2 PIECES OF CHEESECAKE FOR DESSERT AS WELL.MY UNCLE ED WAS THERE WITH HIM AND SEEN HIM DO IT.FYI HE IS NOT WHAT YOU WOULD CALL A BIG GUY EITHER.



THIS PICTURE IN THE CHAIR CRACKS US UP.IT MESSES WITH YOUR PERSEPTION OR SOMETHING


AFTER WAKING UP AND TAKING OUR SHOWERS I WENT OUTSIDE TO START BRINGING OUR STUFF TO HE CAR AND DISCOVERED THAT IT IS COLD AND WINDY.NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT TODAY BUT ONCE I GET OUT THERE I'LL BE FINE.HOPEFULLY.
STATS FOR THE DAY
-1:50PM TO 5:00PM-38 MILES
-:50 MIN LUNCH
-5:50PM TO 8:00PM-30 MILES
-TOTAL HOURS RIDING-6 H 20 MIN
-TOTAL MILES-68
-AVERAGE MPH 10.9
-AMARILLO,TX TO MCLEAN,TX

5 comments:

  1. You guys are doing awsome!! Hope yall stay dry and safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love the chair picture!! I am so going to print that off and put it up! It makes me smile every time I look at it. I'm assuming no one tried eating the steak?? I can't imagine that would feel too good AFTER you ate it! Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chair picture too! Thanks for bringing the country to us also. Most of us will never see it, so thanks. Let me give you a weather update here..typical new england weather-it will be in the 20s tonite and 80s on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who this small and exclusive group of people who seem to care about you are, but you guys are insane (especially Joe), and you'll never make it...ignore their "you can do it and I love you both crap"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joe those are some poopty peupty pants-ss ...can you ride schfifty five? you are number shwan man!

    ReplyDelete